It's pronounced "My-Rah."
Mira's our second adoption. We adopted her through Bethany Christian Services. We have an open adoption with her birth family.
Mira 's adoption was a domestic infant adoption through a private Christian agency. Her adoption was also special needs as she has a severe heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. For more about Mira, check out these frequently asked questions.
Mira was born on June 20, 2017 at 2:37pm and was 5 lbs., 2 oz. and 18 in. long. She has spent her first weeks of life in the best children's hospital under the care of the most wonderful nurses and most skilled doctors available.
Mira is small and mighty (hence her hashtag, #mightymissmira) and proves to have tons of personality. She is opinionated and sassy.
- to have her arms free and wave her hands.
- being dressed up with matching socks and bows
- having her head rubbed, especially they way daddy does it!
- sleeping, especially on her left.
- cold stethoscopes
- getting unswaddled to get her diaper changed, at least at first
- loud talking
- having gas!